Mac and PC
Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC, InDesign CC, Dreamweaver, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, MS Project, WordPress, jQuery, Flash, HTML 5, CSS .
DTE Energy | Detroit, MI
Creative Director | Consultant :: May 2013 – Present
Oversight of design, strategy and development of DTE Corporate Citizenship Reports. Project work includes managing staff and resources, strategic planning, design of all graphics and elements, creation of print, digital and web versions of the report, strategize and direct creation of storytelling elements as well as data visualization.
viridity! design | Southfield, MI
principal | designer :: June 2008 – January 2013
Sustainable design firm with a focus on design thinking, human and planet-centric design: graphic design, web design and development, email blasts, social media, SEO, marketing, branding, print work.
Maki Design | Southfield, MI
principal | designer :: June 2004- October 2008
Full service design studio : graphic design, exhibit design, web site design, flash and multi-media design, retail display, interior design, tradeshow display and event planning, corporate ID, print work, Illustration.
Campbell-Ewald | Warren, MI
art direction – digital media :: June 2008- October 2010
Art direction work for their Chevy, Michelin, Carrier and Navy Reserve accounts.
SFA | Bloomfield Hills, MI
art director | designer :: September 2007- December 2008
Art direction and design work for their MGM Grand Detroit client.
Aquent | Southfield, MI
senior graphic designer | art direction :: August 2001- Present
Temp agency. Fill various short term temp, contract and freelance creative positions at advertisting agencies, design studios, exhibit houses.
Exhibit Works, Inc (EWI) | Livonia, MI
senior graphic designer :: September 2003- June 2004
Design and creative for various exhibit and tradeshow projects for: DuPont, Porsche, Ford, Lincoln Mercury, TRW Automotive and others.
George P. Johnson | Auburn Hills, MI
graphic project designer :: September 1999- August 2001
– Responsible for design, creation and implementation of all exhibit graphics for the DaimlerChrysler account.
– Participated in the design and production of other clients trade show and auto show display graphics including, IBM, Saturn, Toyota, Cadillac, and Subaru.
Edge New Media | Farmington Hills, MI
graphic design | project management :: December 1 1999-January 1 2000
– Designed web pages and banner ads.
– Design and production of pages in Photoshop for Ford Explorer Owners Manual CD-ROM.
– Served as project manager on the Ford owners manual project with responsibilities including:
Organizing all production procedures and schedule, managing production designers, tracking project progress, ensuring that the project remained on a defined time line and was completed by the deadline date.
Hellcat Design | New Orleans, LA
art direction | design | illustration | marketing :: August 1994-November 1996
Clients: Cocktail Magazine, Royal Street Bar & Inn, Good Old Days Carriage Tours, WWL Broadcasting, Magic 101.9, New Orleans Music Exchange, Underground Sounds Records, NSL Construction, Eisenhower Center for the American Studies.
Absolute Marketing | New Orleans, LA
art direction | design | illustration :: January 1995-November 1996
– Handled all creative for various design and multimedia projects.
– Clients: Acropolis Health Spa, IRG Inc., Zachary’s Restaurant, Crescent City Party Rentals, Brackin & Crooks Detective Agency, Burghart Insurance.
Crosswinds Magazine | Santa Fe, NM
assistant art director :: March 1992-June 1994
– Responsible for creative on this monthly entertainment publication–design, production, copy edit, press check.
Thunderbird Design | Los Angeles, CA
art direction | design | illustration :: January 1991-February 1992
Clients: Delicious Vinyl Records, Virgin Records, Sympathy for the Record Industry, B’nai Brith Entertainment, Rusnak of Pasadena, C.L.A. Advertising, Alden Howard Belts & Handbags, Klien Advertising, Ocean Master.
The Tamara Bane Gallery | Los Angeles, CA
art direction | design | illustration :: July 1990-May 1991
– Designed and produced a 450 page 6-color book of the artwork of artist Eyvind Earle.
– Design and production of ads, brochures, catalogs, invitations and signage/P.O.S.
– Oversaw color approval and press check of printed pieces in Hong Kong.
Adnet Communications | Los Angeles, CA
art director :: September 1988-March 1990
– Full service agency– art direction from concept to completion on all projects.
– Clients: ARCO, U.S. Postal Service (L.A. and Van Nuys), Rusnak of Pasadena, Max Sachs International.
KBA Marketing | New Orleans, LA
city manager/program manager :: November 1996-April 1999
– Responsible for all aspects of opening New Orleans Field office
– Accountable for office operations including staff training and management.
– Administered all office (payroll, petty cash, client relations, operations) and program budgets, including a $98, 000.00 annual program sponsorship budget.
– Implemented lifestyle relationship marketing programs for major tobacco, liquor, soft drink and music/entertainment companies.
– Duties included: coordinating special events, concerts, sampling, demographic research and collection of information for use in a database, and marketing (PR, advertising placement, creations and distribution of printed materials).
– Responsible for obtaining and maintaining nightlife venues for sampling, promotions, and special events. Negotiated contracts, sponsorship dollars and maintained client/venue relations.
Devil Dolls Productions | New Orleans, LA
co-founder :: August 1994-September 1999
– A full service music promotions agency specializing in booking and promoting national touring acts.
– Responsibilities include: Negotiating talent fees and contract stipulations with agents, securing appropriate venue, coordination and production of event, obtaining all local PR (radio, print, in-store performances, interviews, etc.), creating and distributing printed materials advertising the event.
MINNEAPOLIS COLLEGE OF ART AND DESIGN (MCAD) | Minneapolis, MN
Post Baccalaureate in Sustainable Design
OTIS PARSONS SCHOOL OF DESIGN | Los Angeles, CA
course work in computer graphics
UCLA | Los Angeles, CA
course work in communication graphics
CENTER FOR CREATIVE STUDIES | Detroit, MI
graphic design curriculum
Northwest Oakland Vocational Education Center (NOVEC) | Clarkston, MI
certificate program in commercial art